Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ok, Since you asked Ruth...


....Here are our 4 little ones (tee hee) Sam, Brad, Annie, and Wilson...all athletes, which is how I got into the world of sports photography. Not at all what I thought I would be doing with my..ahem...skills, but apparently what God is leading me into at the moment. I started by following my kids around to various sporting events (water polo, football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and softball) and eventually got asked by various parents and booster groups to do things like pics for the programs and team photos for yearbooks. So, after a year of being told I should charge (eek!) for my photos, I opened a pro account with Smugmug (having had a sharing type account for 6 months). I actually got my first sale last week and was thrilled! I have only had the DSLR for a little over a year (had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the digital world and now I LOVE it) but am already seeing the beginnings of a real business. Have done a few seniors and will continue to persue that end, but for now am getting a reputation as a sports photog. I'm also on the local newspaper's schedule of photographers tho I am still just a contributor...in other words I put the free in freelance :)
Don't know what the future holds but I'm having fun here and learning LOTS in the process. I especially love getting to know other photographers like the lovely ladies (aka great gals!) on this blog.
Welcome to Kim, Bethany, and Courtney....you're gonna have a blast here!

6 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

love it...what are the ages? And I take it your daughter plays volleyball as well? Well I have about 80 some odd girls if you need practice...LOL Great looking kids Meg!

Maureen said...

Brad 21, Sam 19, Wilson 16, and Annie will be 14 next week. And no Ruth, we actually don't have a volleyball player in the family...that was for the yearbook and for friends whose kids play. It's also why I kinda stink at volleyball, haven't had a lot of opportunity to shoot it. But with a little help from friends (thanks Cindy:) I will get better!

Cindy Shaver said...

Meg, wow, great post. I loved reading how you got to where you are.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

congrats on your first sale Meg. Here's to many more!!!!

Arya said...

Beautiful family! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Hightower Photography said...

What a beautiful family. What beach was that? Although I don't miss the Valley, I do miss the short drive to the ocean.