Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HUGE favor to ask my photog freinds!


Hey gals, having a bit of a downer week here. Just opened a pro account with Smugmug and had already gotten 2 orders (yippee yahoo) but when MY test order came back...the uniforms had a distinctly purple tint to them. I can handle a slight shift in color, but I can't have parents buying pics of their kids looking like Barney! Would you guys do me a favor....PLEASE (that's me begging)....would you download this pic and give me an idea what color you guys are seeing on your moniters? I know everyone's is different, but what I'm seeing on mine is what I see on the field, Royal Blue... and I don't know what to do to change them so the lab will print them as Royal Blue.


Thanks!!!


Also, would anyone like to give me a quick tutorial on how to calibrate my moniter and advice on (cheap) software to purchase towards that end?

3 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

It looks royal blue on mine but it does lean towards purple.

I've heard good things about the Spyder calibration software.

I have a pro account with Smugmug, but wasn't sure about their lab so I don't order through the site. I still print at Miller's Lab. They sent info on how to calibrate my monitor to their lab and I did that. No software, just tweaks within the gamma/brightness of the monitor.

Wishing you luck!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

I use Miller's also. I tried the lab tied to my proof site and wasn't impressed either. I use spyder and it seems to be fine.

Try and order the same image through MPIX www.mpix.com and see if they come back the same. Then you will know if it is your monitor or that lab.

It looks royal blue on my monitor as well.

Good luck!!! and congrats on the sales!!!

Hightower Photography said...

I have a spyder and love it. I am seeing Royal Blue. I use WHCC and really have good results. They have the ability to do small orders with drop shipping.