Friday, November 30, 2007

Hello from Camas, Washington


Thanks Ruth for the invitation to join your circle of friends. I am in Camas, WA and gave up a great job a few years ago to do photography full time. Although can I really call it full time at this point? I guess I still treat it like a part time job although there are times that it is busier than others. You get out of it what you are capable of putting into it. I think that it is amazing how photography has evolved so that we can all learn from each other. I remember way back when after having my daughters picture taken by a very expensive photographer (my idol actually) asking everyone I could find in photography how to achieve that look. Well no one was able to help me, and back then it was hard to find books and such to explain things. Well I finally learned his techniques and realized that probably no one I asked even knew how to do what I was asking to learn. I think people are just more willing to share in the teaching, or at least willing to share what they know. There are many ways to achieve the same results. The internet is an amazing tool. I am happy to be here and open to learning new tricks. I have a web site http://www.studiokportraits.net/ and http://www.studiokchildren.blogspot.com/ and http://www.studioksenior.blogspot.com/ I hope it's ok to post these links. If not please just ignore or delete! Don't want to break any rules. Oh yeah also http://www.portraitcouture.blogspot.com/ and again thanks for the invite. I'll try to keep in touch! Tammy Kravitz

5 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Welcome Welcome Tammy....hey Arya is in Aloha Oregon. Is that close to you? Love the fairy!!

Cindy Shaver said...

Welcome Tammy, I'm in north Alabama. I look forward to seeing your images and sharing knowledge.

Arya said...

Welcome! I am Arya and Camas is just over the river and thru the woods from me...lol I think about 40 mins give or take... Looking forward to see more of your work!

Hightower Photography said...

Welcome to our group. I love the fairy picture.

Tamara Kravitz said...

Thanks so much. Nice to be here.