Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here's to you Grandma!


My grandma turned 80 last September and I finally got it together and got a portrait done with her. My dear friend Denise made this portrait for us this afternoon. We (grandma and I) share the same birthday and we always spend it together doing something fun but last Sunday she asked me "when is your birthday"? I am not going to have her around forever and want to cherish the time we have doing meaningful things. She loved riding through the Gorge to Denises home in Hood River, Oregon and talked of their camping trips in the Gorge area when her kids were growing up. She had a good day today.


Here's to you Grandma!

4 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

How wonderful that you got to have this very special portrait taken! Great to have photographer friends huh? Nice image!!

Cindy Shaver said...

How very special. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Maureen said...

Wonderful photo...makes me miss my grandma...very special.

Arya said...

beautiful image and one that will be cherished. I treasure all the images where I am in front of the camera with my grams...it's something we 'snap' takers need to do more often with the people we love.