Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Great Post Ruth....

.....and what a question! So here goes.....This is my year to start making money (so we can eat...or buy new lenses...whatever :) I know that probably sounds juvenile to all you pros but I am new to the game of actually charging for my photo 'skills' (such as they are).

I also need to define what it is I want to do in photography. I've sort of fallen into sports photography and I really like it. I think I'm starting to know what I'm doing and I love getting feedback from parents (as well as sales!) but I do still want to take Senior pics. I haven't had much time to get out and practice tho; I've only done 5 kids so far, and I know that I need to get better at post-processing so my shots look less like snapshots and more like something you'd be willing to pay for.

I know that I never want to do weddings...hats off to you Ruth (and Cindy and Michelle) and any of you gals that shoot weddings. I've done 3 and hope to never do another (tho I am back-up photog for a wedding my friend is shooting in the Spring - all of the glory, none of the pressure :)

I'm also interested in stock photography, love the idea of being totally in charge of what I'm shooting and setting my own hours...so to speak.

OK, that's my story..... next....

No comments: