Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yep its water!

This was alot harder than I expected. I needed plenty of light to use high ss, but my sync speed is 250 at the highest. With the ss of 500 I had a large black gradient band in the top of the frame from the shutter speed being to fast, so I had to crop that out. It took me 3 gb of memory to get the look I was going for, with only one image that was a keeper!
iso 200, ss1/500, f 5.0, shot with alien bee (lowest setting) to camera right, alien bee (lowest setting) with softbox as backlighting.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

that is too too COOL!!!

Cindy Shaver said...

very cool, great shot!

Hightower Photography said...

Wow!!!!!

Cindy Shaver said...

BTW, I'm impressed that you stuck with it, 3G of memory, way to go girl!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

wow I would have loved to have been there with you to figure this out! Great job!

Courtney said...

My girls didn't think it was so much fun trying to figure it out. They were my official
"waterdroppers" and would have rather been doing anything else.
I gave all 3 a dropper, had their hands one on top of the other and had them squeeze the drops out pretty fast so that I could catch more than one in a shot.