Saturday, January 12, 2008

4 things about ME!

1. I was a volunteer EMT for 2 years and a part time EMT/Firefighter for almost 2 years.
2. As a child I spent every weekend in the summer living in a teepee with my family at a State Park. We could only wear period clothing, (my brother wore a loincloth), and everything in our campsite had to be from the pre-civil war era.
3. I am severely allergic to Nuts.
4. I collect China Dolls.

Here's an image of my youngest dd. I found this cool cloak at a second hand store and convinced her to be my model for the afternoon.

6 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Love this...really love this. Care to share your illegal to copy brush. I would love that.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

I'm mezmorized!! Still... care to share your pp?

Cindy Shaver said...

Why can't I ever find cool stuff like that at the thrift store? Great brush!

Teepee, eh? Is there a reason? Were you reenacting? Homeschooling and doing it as an educational experience? Just a really cool family?

Courtney said...

Ruth, email me and I'll send you the brush. There really wasn't much pp on this image, portraiture at about 50%, sharpened the eyes, and sharpened the whole image.
My dad was into reenacting and muzzleloading so we really had no choice but to go along. My mom is also 1/3 Native American so it was partly a heritage thing.:) I didn't really like it then, but now that I look back I remember it a little more fondly.

Hightower Photography said...

That is georgeous. Love the cloak.

Maureen said...

LOVE this one Courtney! Really beautiful pic, gorgeous eyes!