Wednesday, January 23, 2008

{I've been MIA for awhile}

I wanted to apologize to everyone for not posting as much lately. I don't know how many of you know but my husband is having brain surgery on this next monday and it's super scary for me...there are a lot of bad outcomes and the percentages are the same as if he makes it thru. We do know that if all goes well he will have brain damage, just not sure what type or how it will manifest itself. We do know that if he doesn't get the surgery it's a death sentence (ticking time bomb waiting to go off is what the doctor said). Lovely right? and to top it off my MIL was supposed to watch the kids and decided it wasn't convenient for her and so now the kids are coming with us and will miss 10 days of school as a result. (all the details are on my blogger blog)

Just thought I would let you all know that I haven't dropped off the planet of flaked out on you all but just have a lot on my plate right now and haven't had lots of time to pick up my camera. If all goes well I will be back and posting shortly after Feb. 7th.

Thank you all for your wonderful posts and keep it up!

~Arya

6 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

Arya, I've been following his progress on your blog. I'm really sorry that you have to bring the kids. Wanna drop them at my house? We will keep him in our prayers!

Hightower Photography said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayer. If you need any insight into how to get things done in Military/VA hospitals e-mail me. If he needs rehab for brain injury try and get him to Palo Alto VA--it's the absolute best for Tramatic Brain Injury. (It was my job in the Navy for the past two years to do this kind of discharge planning for patients).

Maureen said...

Well I apologize for not even knowing you had a blog...duh! Your husband and your entire family will be in our prayers Arya, I'm SO sorry you all have to go thru this. Keep us posted!

Courtney said...

Gosh if my husband wouldn't hunt me down for leaving him with our 5 I would jump on a plane and come stay with your kids! Good luck, and many prayers sent your way.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

I wish I could come and stay with your kids. I would do it in a heartbeat. If you could bring them up here I know I could arrange for people in my church to watch them during the day and I can watch them at night. Call me Arya....I can help 206-778-7977. You and your family will be in our prayers.........

Arya said...

YOU ALL ROCK!! I came in here and started to blubber like a big baby - I swear I am more emotional then I would care to admit!

You all are such sweethearts! Thank you all, I really appreciate this out pouring of support!