Thursday, January 17, 2008

My latest project


Okay, I spent a couple of hours yesterday making myself a "shootsac". I HATED sewing on the neoprene, but that is an issue between me and my machine. The bag is super easy as far as a pattern. I only wanted three pockets, so I limited mine to three, rather than 6. I did make my cover replaceable (velcro) so I can have multiple looks, if I choose. I'm very pleased with it! Again, the only issue would be that my machine hates the thickness of the double layers of neoprene.


I'll also say I HATE to have pictures made of myself, but I did let Jessica take this one so you can see the bag in use. (ha, but I didn't have lenses in it yet) I WILL lose weight this year!

6 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

wow it is so nice to finally see you. I just realized I had never seen a picture of you! hehehe loose weight??? smooey on you! I need to loose weight

Courtney said...

Love the bag! You wouldn't want to sell them would you? I am having the hardest time finding a back that I like.

Hightower Photography said...

Cool bag, I would love to have one, but I am allergic to neoprene. Yep, I swell up like a puffer fish.

Cindy Shaver said...

I have NEVER heard of anyone allergic to neoprene.
Courtney, I actually have enough left to make two - two pocket bags. The neoprene comes in a strange width, so that's what I got out of it.
I'd be willing to make a couple of two pocket ones to sell. Would two pockets work for you? I'd make the bag and a black print cover (do you like mine?) for $75 shipped. Again, only two pockets.
Let me know if you are interested.

Courtney said...

How big is it in the inside? Large enough for a camera and battery grip?

Tesa said...

Ohh that's so kewl wish I could sew :) great job gurl and u look great :P