Thursday, May 10, 2007

Senior Guy - Finally


This is my first chance to shoot a senior guy. If I had to choose any senior in the WORLD to shoot, he would be it. I LOVE HIM. (His sister is one of my daughter's best friends.)
Anyway, this was shot at f8, ss 125, wb cloudy +3, ISO 200. Used a tad of fill flash, pointed the flash up so it would fall off and just feather acroos him. I used the calibration target and got the shot pretty much SOOC (I only touched up a few blemishes before posting here.) Gotta love those dimples! I really wanted to do Ruth's shots with the cap and gown, but didn't have those handy, oh well...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

He looks good! Nice pose, I love it!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

looks really sharp....did you use the Tamron? The fill light looks really good too!!! Not forced light. Great job!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Cindy-when you say a tad of fill....how can you do that when you don't have a +/- on your flash. Was it just the angle that you had your flash at when you mean a tad? Sorry but I'm kinda a literal person...LOL

Cindy Shaver said...

Yes, I used the Tamron, and yes I mean the angle of the flash. I had it pointed at a 45 degree angle so it wasn't direct but rather he just got what fell off from that. I can't even tell I used flash here, but I KNOW I did.

Lindy said...

I saw him on Shuttermom!! Nice job on the fill flash..I wondered if it was all natural. Doesn't look so harsh like a flash...