Monday, May 28, 2007

My baby's all growing up...

and leaving the nest! :( The baby bird is doing well, and seems to have 9 lives. These birds were smart nesting in our yard!! LOL We saved the bird, again, this time from our cat, not once, not twice, but 3 times!! LOL I don't think our cat would really know what to do with it...he's not the predatory type of kitty. (too spoiled and well fed) Although I'm sure he would do some damage. He was safe in our window well for a day and his parents would come down and feed him in the window well! Well, the baby is starting to fly. I picked him up and to put him in the front yard again, so he was out of the reach of the dog, and he got away from me and flew quite a ways away from me. He still couldn't keep up with mom and dad, but he is growing. I've become quite fond of him and don't want him to go! I'm also always worried about his safety! (can you tell I'm a mom??!) Anyways, here is probably one of the last pics of my baby...ISO 100, ss 1/60, f/4.0

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

awww, that sounds so sad for you, definately a mom!:) He will be ok though, you wait and see he will make you proud!

Lindy said...

I know he'll be OK! But I definately worry about him. I've helped him out so much that we really want him to survive and not be one of those "failed nest" statistics! hehe I wanna see him fly away and become strong and independant!! :)