Monday, May 14, 2007

Momma Bird...


We found this bird nesting in our tree in the front yard. I'll be docutmenting her and her babies over the next few weeks, so prepare to see more of her in the not too distant future! I'm surprised that she's nesting where she is. i can almost touch her nest when I climb our small ladder! (I probably can touch it if I had moved the ladder directly under the nest) I duno who was more scared when I was taking these pics...me or her. The ladder I was on is soooo wobbly. I was so scared to let go to take the shot LOL Sorry, no settings. I don't remember what they were and when I downloaded them I realized that I had shot in jpeg by mistake!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

cool, that close huh, awesome shot! I can't wait to see more!

Cindy Shaver said...

How exciting to get to watch for the babies. Your kids will love it.

Lindy said...

Yup, she is really close, and the kids are pretty excited. But I have threatened them with their lives...I don't want them telling any kids they know. We live really close to the school and we get a lot of kids walking by our house on their way home. I just know one of them would try to hurt her or her babies if they knew she was there. I have problems with kids tormenting our dogs as they walk past. I don't wanna even think of what they'd do to the bird!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

I can't wait to see as it unfolds. How wonderful Lindy. Great shot!

blaaa said...

LOVE this Lindy, but you already knew that :)