Friday, September 14, 2007

new senior



This is from my session today. Cindy I freaked a little and didn't do a calibration for this 85mm lens. I had done it for my 50mm in the studio. So I'll use that calibration tomorrow on my baby shoot. I was really nervous with this shoot because it was really dark outside and I had to use flash on all my images. I'm working hard on ambient with flash and I think I'm getting it but during a session my head always goes to mush! Thank goodness for moms cause they are my voice activated reflector stand.
On the top one I had my flash pointing into the reflector the mom was holding and had her stand by it and toss her hair. iso 400 f2.8 ss100 and the flash was on 1 stop down.
2nd image I had the mom 45 degrees to my right with the flash again going into the reflector. iso 200 f4.0 ss 125.
Mush brain here forgot her tripod!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

Ruth, I love to bounce the flash off the reflector to the side. I'm thinking you might could have even gotten away with a bit lower SS since you were using flash. I can't believe you didn't get to try the calibration method!

BTW TESA - what is your ISO on???

Can't wait to see baby shots soon!

Jennifer said...

Well these are very beautiful you did a great job with the flash and reflector!