Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cheer


Isn't she cute? Okay ladies, I did team pictures of football and then cheerleaders. By the time I got to the end it was dark and I was using flash. This is actually one of the better flash images. By the end it was completely dark out. Anyway, I know the grass is dying, but the colors still look so flat to me. I need to take some photoshop classes to learn how to fix it if I don't get it right in camera. Any suggestions on making this look better - without getting too funky for a sports team image?

3 comments:

Arya said...

I like it, what a cute cheerleader. You could always bump up the contrast and use the saturate sponge tool to give it a bit more edge.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

It looks like the flash was too strong for the ambient. What we need to learn how to do is match the ambient to the flash. I've read about doing it but I don't have a clue as to actually do it. I know you need a light meter.

If you took it in RAW I would make two exposure and bring down the exposure on the girl and then combine the two and erase the darkbackground. make sense?

Cindy Shaver said...

Ruth, ahhh the flash to ambient mystery - GREAT! I can do that well indoors, and probably could have done it here as well - but with 26 little girls screaming, "I'm next," moms asking questions and people walking behind the subject - I got in a hurry.

Thanks for the help!