Thursday, April 19, 2007

Intro

My name is Cindy Shaver. My husband of almost 20 years (today is 22 years since our first date) is Phil. We have three daughters - all TEENAGERS! Kacey, Jordan and Jessica. I homeschool all three girls, so that keeps me VERY busy. I live in Huntsville, AL but my heart is on a ranch in Montana!

I've loved photography for YEARS and naturally I scrapbook as well. A couple of years ago a friend asked me if I'd do weddings with her and since then I've eased into a side business of my own.

I do not have a studio, but I have portable backdrop stands and a couple of backdrops that I can use when needed. I try to do mostly location shots. We have some great parks here, so that is where most of my "stuff" happens.

I don't profit from the business because there is always something I "need" (like the Tamrom 28-75 2.8 lens I ordered today - THANKS LINDY! My DH will not be thanking you). Lord willing, when we get the braces paid for I'll have some extra spending money - oh wait, that is about the time Kacey will start college - oh well...

and so it continues.

6 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

and dont' forget volleyball lover!! I forgot all my volleyball stuff. It consumes my life right now!! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey Cindy I'm glade to be here with you ladies now, you'll be seeing a lot of me!!

Lindy said...

Hahaha, so you actually got it huh??! LOL Well just remind your hubby of all the money he spends on his hobbies LOL :D

Karson and Kami said...

Nice to meet you! I love the names you have chosen for your daughters. Jordan is one of my favorite girl names! I also love how you spelled Kacey with a "K". I know what you mean about the profit thing - everytime you make money there is always something else you want or need. I hope to someday have everything (hahaha yeah right!)

Cindy Shaver said...

Ruth, how could I forget the sport that consumes our lives - VOLLEYBALL. We live at the gym. Our club season is actually over. I'm actually home a couple of nights a week now - too weird.

Lindy, my sweetie doesn't spend much on hobbies. He loves golf, but doesn't get to play often. I'm going to have to come up with a better answer for him!

Unknown said...

Well there is another thing Cindy and I have in common....VOLLEYBALL!!! I love it!