Saturday, February 9, 2008

Botanical Challenge

I wasn't sure if I would ever get a chance to do this weeks challenge. The flu has invaded our house, first with my youngest and now both my dh and I have it. Luckily the other kids have been spared so far. It is pretty sad that I had to go out and buy my own flowers just for the challenge, I asked dh to bring some home from work earlier this week and he forgot.
iso 200 f 2.5 1/200 50mm lens
This one was taken with backlighting at my kitchen window, notice you can see the shadow of the screen on some of the petals.
iso 200 f4.5 1/200 28mm lens

Just playing around with the coloring a bit.

iso 200 f4.5 1/200 28mm lens

5 comments:

Tesa said...

I would have to go buy flowers too because nothing is alive here haha. Now who's idea was it to do this theme in the WINTER???? I bet it was MEG lol

Tesa said...

oh forgot by the way I love the 1st one :)

Short Stories by Ruth said...

I would have to buy flowers too....nothing is in bloom and everything is drenching wet.

I love the color of the 2nd one.

Arya said...

beautiful. The 1st & 2nd are my fav's! Great job.

Maureen said...

Nice pics Courtney...love the conversions.

and ahem..Tesa...I had nothing to do with these themes (let me know how much I owe you Cindy :)