Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pet pig.....?


Okay, there's a story here. My dh works for a company that does work at the college I'm attending. So he was there today changing 1000 watt (yes 1000 watt ) bulbs in the parking lot. They take the blown bulbs down and draw faces on them. (oh, did I mention they were working. lol) They said they look like pigs? Anyway. This is sooc. Dragged the shutter to get it exposed correctly. It was such a bright day and the bulb being white, the camera meter wanted to underexpose the bulb. And what I like is the apeture was at 5.6, I focused on the eyes and the nose is oof, but the mouth and eyes are in focus. That's the apeture at work for you! settings. ISO 200, SS 1/500 f/5.6.

4 comments:

Short Stories by Ruth said...

these men have way too much time on their hands. LOL

Maureen said...

I still don't understand shutter drag...but it's a cute pic.

Kelly Cook, CPP said...

dragging the shutter was the wrong term to use here, I should have said I lowered my shutterspeed to let in more light.

Dragging the shutter is when you are using a flash or strobe and set your shutterspeed to a lower setting than what the correct exposure calls for. It still lets in more light. Hope that makes sense.

I think you're right Ruth.

Tesa said...

thats pretty neat lol and they r getting paid haha sounds like my job sometimes hehe