Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Confederation Building in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (PEI). The monument in front of the building is dedicated to the people that took part in World Wars I, II and the Korean Conflict.

The Fathers of Confederation originally met in (1864) to discuss the uniting of Upper and Lower Canada in the Provincial Legislature of Charlottetown (which ended up leading to Confederation). This meeting resulted in the capital City being known as the “Birthplace of Confederation”.




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow this is a great shot, Tesa. Love the meaning of this!

Lindy said...

Kewl old building, Tesa!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

and a history lesson to boot...thanks mom! HEHEHE

Tesa said...

HAHA thxs my Dad was and still IS a history nut so I find myself trying to keep up with him hehe, I really can't though lol

Maureen said...

beautiful building, nice shot.