Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flash test


Always on the looking for the perfect flash accessory. Today I combined the need for a hat photo with finding the best flash bounce. So, I tested the Omnibounce straight on set on TTL, at a 45 degree angle and bounced off the ceiling. These had various problems with shadows and color cast. I did, however like the look bounced off a white board placed to the side. The pocket bounce made dark shadows under her eyes and on the wall (she is about 3 feet from the wall). This is my favorite of them all for the lighting ration. It is with the Better Bounce Card. SS 1/60, f 2.8, wb flash +1, iso 200

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm not sure exctly what you did, but that is very natural looking flash, good skin tones and not flat looking at all. Nice job...will you teach me?

Cindy Shaver said...

I just made the Better Bounce Card per the website instructions (actually I used the white sheets of craft foam and one of the black plastic bracelets that the kids are wearing to fit it to my lens). Flash head straight up and it was very flattering. I'm going to have to try it shooting at a distance and see what I think.

Jennifer said...

I think this shot looks great!

Unknown said...

Very nice color Cindy. :)

Tesa said...

oh cindy i was looking at teh better flash card site i wanna make one too looks kewl