Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


I took my 80 year old Grandmother to the cemetary where my uncle Terry is buried. He was killed in Viet Nam when he was 20 in 1968. It was really a good day of stories of growing up on the farm near this cemetary. She didn't want to visit the farm so she could remember it the way it used to be. (development has reached the farm these days) Not really a great portrait per say but a good memory photo for me. I had not been here for a long time (since I was 12) and did not really know the location. But now I can visit on my own.

4 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

Great picture. I wish the van wasn't in the background.

Tesa said...

ditto to what cindy said :)

Maureen said...

Touching photo Tamara.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

this is sweet.....ya I bet Tammy wishes it was a Mercedes... :)